Chronological Table  
 
         
       
   
 
 

110

Copper alloy hollow cast statue of the princess-priestess Takushit.

The statue was found in Lower Egypt, on the hill of Kom-Toruga, near Lake Mariut, south of Alexandria, in 1880. Late Period, end of 25th Dynasty, ca. 670 BC. Its function was ritual, votive, and funerary. Her name, which means ‘Ethiopian’, probably refers to a relation with or marriage to an Ethiopian man. Takushit’s father was Akanuasa II, great chief of the Libyan tribe Ma.

 
 
 
 
1 | 2
 
     
     
                    
HELLENIC MINISTRY OF CULTURE & SPORTS  
 
  © NATIONAL ARCHAEOLOGICAL MUSEUM, 2008-2014
Ελ