The National Archaeological Museum is closed on 25 - 26 December, 1 January, 25 March, Orthodox Easter Sunday and 1 May.
Admission fee: 7 euros
Reduced fee: 3 euros for E.U. senior citizens (over 65 years old), students from countries outside the E.U.
- visitors under 18 years old (by showing their I.D. or Passport)
- students from E.U. countries (by showing their University Card)
- admission card holders (Free Entrance Card, Culture Card, ICOM, ICOMOS)
- journalists (by showing their journalist card)
- members of Societies of Friends of Museums and Archaeological Sites of Greece, by showing their membership card
- escorts of blind people and escorts of persons with mobility difficulties
Entrance is free to all visitors on the following days:
. 6 March (Memory of Melina Mercouri)
. 18 April (International Monument Day)
. 18 May (International Museum Day)
. 5 June (International Day of Environment)
. the last weekend of September (European Days of Cultural Heritage)
. 28 October (National Holiday)
. the first Sunday of the month for the period between 1 November and 31 March
Clearance of the galleries begins 20 minutes before closing time. Essential work may necessitate closing galleries without previous notice.